Before initiating the eVisa request, we recommend learning about the visa requirements for South African nationals. These detail the countries they can visit with an online visa and what conditions they must meet.
The conditions for the Emirati eVisa for South Africans are standard for international travel and include the following:
- Have a passport issued by the Republic of South Africa with a validity of 180 days on their entry into the UAE
- Provide a digital image of their passport’s information page
- Share a color id photo in digital format
- Use a bank card to pay the eVisa processing fee
- Register their eVisa petition with a frequently accessed email id
South Africans with a passport set to expire in 6 months of their intended arrival must submit it for renewal with their local authorities as soon as possible. They should take care that their digital documents are of readable quality, and the id photo is in color.
It is useful to register the eVisa application with an email address frequently used and to confirm the bank card that will be used to pay the processing fee is activated for internet payments.
Additionally, South African nationals planning a family trip to the UAE will have to share some supporting documents such as digital copies of their family or marriage certificate. They will be able to include their dependents (spouse, minors, or retired family members) in a joint request.
Finally, tourists from South Africa must have their travel itinerary planned beforehand. They will be required to share their Emirates flight number, port of entry, and arrival date.