We recommend reading through the visa requirements for Nigerian citizens before submitting their application form. The Ministry of the Interior of the UAE lists the following conditions Nigerians must meet to request the UAE electronic visa:
- Possess a passport issued by the Nigerian government and valid for 180 days on their arrival date in the UAE
- Provide an electronic image of their passport’s information page
- Supply a personal photograph of the applicant in color
- Use a debit or credit card to pay the eVisa processing fee
- Submit their eVisa petition with an email account frequently accessed
Nigerian citizens must take into account the validity of their passports before initiating their eVisa form. If the expiration date is sooner than 6 months on their arrival date in the UAE, we request renewing their passport first.
Since the whole application process is online, we recommend submitting the eVisa with an email that is accessible and that the digital images required are of readable quality. They should also ensure the bank card they will use for payment is activated for online payments.
Nigerians planning to visit the UAE with their families should note that they can include their dependents (spouse, children, or relatives over 60) in a joint eVisa form. They will have to provide additional documentation such as their marriage and birth certificates.
To conclude, nationals from Nigeria must have their travel plans ready before applying for the eVisa. This includes having their flight number and arrival date available during their petition.