Yes, New Zealand citizens can request a Tanzania eVisa and travel there without any additional permits. Before applying, the Tanzanian government requires New Zealand travelers to read the Visa policies for Tanzania and make sure they meet the following requirements:
- A New Zealand passport with at least one blank page that will be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of arrival
- A valid email address for registration and to receive the approved notification letter and the eVisa grant notice
- 2 recent passport-sized photos
- A valid credit or debit card to pay the visa processing fee
- A return or onwards ticket
Applicants from New Zealand whose passports may expire less than 6 months after their intended date of arrival will have to renew them before beginning the eVisa application process. Likewise, New Zealanders with dual nationality will have to remember to apply for the eVisa with the same passport they will use when traveling to Tanzania. This is since the Tanzania eVisa is automatically linked to the original passport used when applying. It is a unique permit whose validity cannot be transferred to a second travel document.
New Zealand citizens visiting Tanzania and Zanzibar for any other purposes or traveling for a more extended period than 30 days are recommended to organize an appointment at the Tanzanian Consulate in Christchurch and inquire which document suits their needs better.