Before accessing the eVisa application form, Japanese nationals must ensure they meet the Tanzania eVisa conditions. These include having the following:
- A Japanese passport that must be valid for at least 6 months before the date of arrival in Tanzania
- The passport must have a blank page for entry and exit stamps.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs of the Japanese traveler
- A valid email address which the Tanzanian government will use as the primary communications channel with the Japanese applicants
- A credit or debit card authorized for online transactions to pay the processing fee
- Proof of onward travel in the form of a return or onward ticket
Japanese travelers with a passport that will expire in less than 6 months or do not have at least one blank page left will have to renew it before submitting their eVisa application.
Japanese citizens with dual nationalities should remember to use the same passport for their Tanzania eVisa request as the one they will eventually use to enter the country. The eVisa for Tanzania is a unique travel authorization. It is not transferrable from one travel document to another and is electronically linked to the original passport that has been used for the application.
As mentioned above, Japanese travelers’ final condition is to make sure they travel for tourism only. If they wish to visit Tanzania for any other purpose, they should schedule a visit to the Tanzanian embassy in Tokyo, and consult with entry authorization suits them more.