International travelers are advised to read through the visa requirements for Italian passport holders before they initiate their eVisa request. The basic requirements Italians must meet to apply for the eVisa to enter Tanzania include the following:
- Have a passport with a minimum of 6 months validity on their arrival in Tanzania
- Confirm the passport contains at least one blank page for entry and exit stamps
- Upload 2 recent passport-style photos to the device they will use for their application
- Provide their travel plans
- Have a bank card to pay the eVisa fee
- Use a frequently accessed email account
Italian applicants should note the Tanzanian eVisa is a unique travel permit that will be linked to their passport once approved. It cannot be transferred to a second passport. Therefore, if their passport is set to expire soon, we recommend renewing it before they begin their application. They should also ensure it includes at least one blank page for government officials to provide entry and exit stamps.
Italians must provide 2 recent and good quality passport-style pictures of themselves. They should upload them digitally to the device (mobile phone, PC, or tablet) they will use later for their application.
We recommend Italian tourists purchase or pre-book their transportation tickets and accommodation before their eVisa request since they will be required to share this information during their application. They must also confirm the bank card they will use to pay the eVisa fee has been previously authorized for online payments.
Lastly, it is convenient for Italian travelers to use an email address they access regularly. All the communications regarding their petition will be done by email only, so it is best to have this information at hand.