We recommend international visitors read through the visa requirements for Indian travelers before initiating the eVisa application form. The online visa for Tanzania has very easy to meet requirements, and most Indian citizens who travel abroad frequently, will find them straightforward. The essential requirements Indians must meet to obtain the Tanzania eVisa include the following:
- Possess an Indian passport with a 6 months’ validity from their date of arrival in Tanzania
- Check the passport has one blank page for entry and exit stamps
- Provide 2 recent passport-style photographs in digital format
- Share their travel itinerary
- Have a bank card to pay the eVisa processing fee
- Use a current email address for all their communications and to receive their approved eVisa
Indian citizens who have a passport that will expire in 6 months or less on their arrival date should send it for renewal at their earliest possibility. Once they begin the eVisa application process, they cannot leave it halfway and finish it later with a renewed passport. It must be completed in one go. They should also confirm the passport has at least one empty page for entry and exit stamps by immigration inspectors.
Before applying for the Tanzania eVisa, Indian citizens should have previously purchased their transportation tickets and booked their accommodation. This information will be required while they complete the eVisa application form. We request Indian travelers book their arrival only through to one of these authorized ports of entry for eVisa holders:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Karume International Airport
- Namanga Border Crossing
- Tunduma Border Crossing
Some seaports in the Zanzibar islands also authorize entries with the eVisa. We advise Indian tourists to check which ones are compatible with the eVisa if their holiday includes arriving by boat.
Additionally, we recommend the bank card they plan to use for payment has sufficient funds and is activated for online payments. Lastly, we advise Indian applicants to request their Tanzanian eVisa with an email account they frequently use. All their communications, including the eVisa approval, will be communicated by email only, so it is handy to have this information accessible at any time.