We encourage applicants from Germany to consult the conditions for international travel for German passport holders. These requirements are standard and easy to meet for Germans used to traveling abroad. The main conditions to apply for the Tanzania eVisa they must meet are the following:
- Possess a German passport valid for at least 180 days on their arrival date in Tanzania
- Ensure the passport includes at least 1 blank page for entry and exit stamps
- Provide 2 recent passport-style photos
- Share their travel itinerary
- Have a valid bank card to pay the eVisa processing fee
- Use a valid email address
German nationals must note that the eVisa, once approved, is linked to their passport. It is a unique online visa that cannot be transferred to a second travel document. This is especially important for Germans with dual citizenship or if their passport will expire within 6 months of their arrival date, and they will need to renew it before traveling.
German tourists will be required to share their travel plans to apply for the eVisa. This includes having previously purchased their transportation tickets and booked their accommodation. When obtaining their travel tickets, they should confirm they will use one of the following authorized ports of entry:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport
- Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport
- Namanga Border Crossing
- Tunduma Border Crossing
- Stone Town seaport
- Ngambo seaport
We recommend they check their debit or credit card has been previously activated for online payments. Lastly, German applicants should provide an email address they regularly use since all communication regarding their request and their issuance will be carried out online.
If German passport holders find that they do not meet these requirements or have plans for a more prolonged stay for a personal relocation, they should pay a visit to the Tanzanian embassy in Berlin for further visa options.