It is recommendable to read through the visa requirements for Australian tourists before beginning their application to ensure they follow the guidelines and local regulations.
The government of Laos requires Australians to confirm they meet the following conditions of the Laotian eVisa:
- Have an Australian passport valid for 6 months on their intended arrival in Laos
- Confirm their passport includes 2 blank pages for entry and exit stamps at border controls
- Share a digital photograph (passport-style and 4×6 cm)
- Provide electronic copies of their passport’s cover and information pages
- Register their eVisa application with an email account they regularly use
- Possess a bank card to pay the eVisa processing fee
Australians with a passport set to expire within 6 months of their arrival should send it for renewal at their earliest convenience. They should also ensure they will apply for the Laos e-Visa with the same passport they will travel with.
This is especially important for Australian citizens holding dual nationality with a second country. The eVisa is a unique electronic visa and can only be used with one passport.
Applicants from Australia must ensure the debit or credit card they will use for payment is authorized for internet payments. We recommend they submit their eVisa forms with an email address they frequently use.