The India eVisa application allows Australian citizens to:
- Apply for a visa from India from the comfort of your own home in just a few minutes
- Upload supporting documents in paper form
- Receive an approved eVisa sent by email, removing the need to make an appointment to collect a document from an embassy or consulate
- Pay the eVisa fee through a secure online system using a credit/debit card
- Gain expedited entry to India upon arrival at a border checkpoint simply by presenting a copy of the approved eVisa.
Additionally, the online Indian visa for Australians allows the holder to enter India through any of the following air or seaports:
Seaports: Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai.
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam.
Moreover, holders of an India eVisa for Australian citizens are able to exit India through any authorized checkpoint.
However, those who wish to enter India on a cruise from Australia should note that they may only do so through the Cochin, Goa, and Mangalore seaports with an approved eVisa.