The process to obtain a US ESTA for New Zealand citizens is quick and simple. Travelers will simply need to fill out the online form with their personal information, answer a few questions, and pay the fee.
The US ESTA application has two parts. The first part will ask travelers to submit the following data:
- Personal information (such as first and last name, gender, and date and place of birth
- Passport information (including passport number, issue and expiration date, and nationality)
- Contact details (including a home address, phone number, and valid email address.
It is especially important to take care when typing in your email address, because this is where your US ESTA will be sent to once it has been approved.
The second part of the ESTA form asks specific questions about the traveler, including information regarding the following:
- Point of contact in the US
- Criminal background (if applicable)
- Health history
- Previous trips to the United States (if any)
After the application is complete, we recommend that travelers go through the form and double-check to make sure that all of the information is accurate and spelled correctly.
Once everything looks good, applicants will then need to pay the ESTA processing fee with a valid credit or debit card in order to submit the application.