Applying for a US ESTA visa waiver from Germany is a straightforward process. Applicants are required to complete the ESTA online application. This only takes a few minutes to fill in with the following information:
- Full name
- Country of citizenship
- Date of birth
- City of birth
- Home Address
- Contact telephone number
- Passport number
- Passport issue/expiry date
- Issuing country of passport
As part of the application process, it is also necessary to answer security and health-related questions. The answers will be pre-screened by the US Department of Homeland Security in order to determine the traveler’s eligibility to enter the United States.
It should be noted that certain German citizens may not be granted an ESTA visa waiver, including those who have:
- Been arrested or have criminal records
- Certain serious communicable diseases
- Been refused admission or have been deported from the USA, or have previously overstayed their visa or authorization to be in the United States
- Traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011 (with some exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes).
It is crucial that applicants ensure all the data on the form is correct. This is because an ESTA may be denied, or there may be a delay in processing, if there are any small errors in the information provided.