The process to obtain the Canada eTA for Japanese citizens is quick and should take most applicants about 15 minutes from start to finish. We recommend that travelers keep their passport nearby while filling out the application to make it easier to quickly reference it for the relevant questions.
The first step in order to apply for the Canadian eTA as a Japanese citizen is to begin an online application. The form will ask the applicant about their personal information, passport details, and contact information.
The first part asks for the following pieces of information:
- Traveler’s full name (given name and surname)
- Date and country of birth
- Marital status
- Contact information (phone number, permanent address, email)
- Passport information (passport number, nationality, date of issue, date of expiration)
- Employment information (occupation, job title, name of company)
The second part of the form will ask applicants a handful of yes/no questions regarding previous trips to Canada, health history, and criminal background.
Some sample questions include:
- When do you plan to travel to Canada?
- Have you ever committed or been convicted of a criminal offense?
- Do you have a serious medical condition for which you are receiving regular treatment?
After the form is filled out, we advise all applicants to go back and double-check the information entered in order to make sure it is correct. Once they are satisfied, the Japanese traveler must pay the eTA processing fee with a valid payment method.